Air-conditioning and refrigeration mechanics assemble, install, maintain and repair heating, cooling and refrigeration systems and equipment. They may install ducted air-conditioning in a family home, or build large walk-in refrigeration units for businesses needing mass food storage.
- Location: Gander, NL
- Salary: $25.00 to $38.00 hourly for 35 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: permanent employment
- 08:00 to 17:00
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Long term benefits
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for an experienced refrigeration technician to join our installation and repair team. As a refrigeration technician, you will be responsible for processing and work orders, installing new refrigeration systems, troubleshooting mechanical failures, and performing equipment maintenance. You may also be required to advise on equipment upgrades and alternate cooling units.
To ensure success as a refrigeration technician, you should have advanced knowledge of HVAC and refrigeration systems, good mechanical skills, and excellent troubleshooting skills. Ultimately, a top-class refrigeration technician expertly installs, repairs, and maintains refrigeration equipment for a client with the least amount of down-time.
Refrigeration Technician Responsibilities:
- Processing and work orders.
- Contacting the client to ascertain their equipment needs.
- Ordering equipment supplies, repair modules, and sundries for the order.
- Reading and interpreting blueprints and compliance schematis.
- Installing climate control systems, refrigeration units, and beverage equipment.
- Observing and testing newly installed systems.
- Troubleshooting refrigeration equipment failures.
- Maintaining stock levels.
- Replacing worn seals, outer shells, and worn-out motors.
- Informing clients of repair costs and alternate cooling options.
Refrigeration Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous experience as a refrigeration technician.
- HVAC certification.
- Braising and selling skills.
- Knowledge of local building codes.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and compliance schematis.
- Advanced mechanical and diagnostic skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions.
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy equipment.
- Other trades certificate or diploma
- or equivalent experience
5 years or more
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Cover letter
- Letter of recommendation
- Proof of the requested certifications
- Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed
Je suis vraiment content pour cette opportunité