A room attendant is A hospitality professional who acts as a housekeeper for a hotel or motel. Room attendants help these establishments keep their rooms clean and welcoming. In this way, they can help create a positive experience for guests.
- Location: Halifax, N.S
- Salary: $15.00 hourly for 8 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: casual employment
- 09:00 to 15:00
- start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a reliable and friendly room attendant to join our hospitality team in order to provide superb customer service to our guests. Your duties will include ensuring that assigned rooms are fully stocked, cleaned, and serviced to a high standard. You should also be able to resolve guest complaints and queries promptly and in a polite manner.
To be successful as a room attendant you must be honest, pleasant, and have detailed knowledge of, and comply with, all housekeeping policies, procedures, and standards.
Room Attendant Responsibilities:
- Greeting guests and responding to queries.
- Changing bed linen and making beds.
- Replacing used towels and other bathroom amenities, such as shampoo and soap.
- Sweeping and mopping floors.
- Vacuuming carpets.
- Dusting and polishing furniture.
- Emptying trash containers and ashtrays.
- Restocking beverages and food items in the minibar.
- Cleaning public areas, such as corridors.
- Reporting any technical issues and maintenance needs.
- Updating status of guest rooms on assignment sheet.
- Returning and restocking cleaning cart at shift end.
Room Attendant Requirements:
- High school diploma, preferred.
- Previous guest service and/or housekeeping experience.
- Experience using industrial cleaning equipment and products.
- Flexible working hours.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision while meeting high-performance standards.
- Physical mobility and stamina.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Professional and polite.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
Experience an asset
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- What is your current field of study?
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience
- Letter of recommendation
- Proof of student enrollment