The London Opportunity Scholarship is available for undergraduate study in any of the University’s subjects. Applications must be submitted by 1 July 2022. The London Opportunity Scholarship is provided by the University College London and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, £4,000 every year. Applicants must be British citizens.
Learn more about the London Opportunity Scholarship, its value, eligibility, and application process in this article.
The University College London, which operates as UCL, is a major public research university based in London, United Kingdom. Currently, it is the second-largest university in the United Kingdom by total enrolment and the largest by postgraduate enrollment of the federal University of London.
A group of radical thinkers inspired by the ideas of Jeremy Bentham founded London University in 1826 London University. The University College London was the first university to be created in London and the first in England to be entirely civil and to admit students regardless of their religion.
University College London claims to be the third-oldest university in England, as well as the first to admit women. In 1836, the university became one of the two founding colleges of the University of London, which was granted a royal charter in the same year.
In addition, the university has grown through mergers, including with the Institute of Ophthalmology (in 1995), the Institute of Neurology (in 1997), the Royal Free Hospital Medical School (in 1998), the Eastman Dental Institute (in 1999), the School of Slavonic and East European Studies (in 1999), the School of Pharmacy (in 2012), and the Institute of Education (in 2014).
The University College London has its main campus in the Bloomsbury area of central London, with several institutes and teaching hospitals elsewhere in central London and satellite campuses at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in Stratford, east London, and Doha, Qatar.
More than 100 departments, institutes, and research centers are located within the university’s 11 constituent faculties. In addition, the University College London operates several museums and collections in a wide range of subjects, including the Petrie Museum of Egyptian Archaeology and the Grant Museum of Zoology and Comparative Anatomy. It also manages the annual Orwell Prize in political writing.
UC London had nearly 43,000 students and 16,400 employees in 2019/20, including 7,100 academics and 840 professors, and generated £1.54 billion in revenue, of which £468 million came from research grants and contracts.
The university is a member of a wide range of academic organizations, including the Russell Group and the League of European Research Universities. It is also a member of the University College London Partners, the world’s largest academic health science center.
In southeast England, the University College London is considered one of the golden triangles of research-intensive universities. UCL Business, UCL Press, and UCL Consultants are all part of its publishing and commercial activities.
Worth of The London Opportunity Scholarship
- All successful candidates of The London Opportunity Scholarship will receive an award of 4,000 pounds every year for the duration of the program and is subject to satisfactory academic progress.
- The London Opportunity Scholarship is also awarded to cover maintenance costs.
Eligibility for The London Opportunity Scholarship
- The London Opportunity Scholarship is available to candidates who have participated in the university’s Summer Challenge Program.
- Qualified applicants must have completed at least one Widening Participation Activity: Residential summer schools, Summer challenge, Discover the university’s D/deaf summer school, Non-residential summer schools (year 11 and 12), Realising opportunities, Uni-link, Aspire, Horizons, and Lloyds Scholars spring school.
- You must hold an offer of admission to UCL to study any full-time undergraduate degree program, interested candidates must place the university as their firm choice.
- Scholars’ household income must be 42,875 pounds or less to be eligible for the scholarship.
- You must belong to the first generation of your family to enter higher education.
- Applicants must hold UK fee status to be qualified for the scholarship.
How to Apply for The London Opportunity Scholarship
If you seem interested in the scholarship and eligible for the scholarship, visit the official website to apply.
Application Deadline for The London Opportunity Scholarship
The application deadline for the scholarship is July 1, 2022.
Official Website: Click here